Congratulations! You have just received the first News and Views produced by AsianYachting.Com who can be found on the web at http://AsianYachting.com Where Malaysian-based Aussie webmaster Capt Marty Rijkuris presents regional news and views, contributors articles, up to date results and has promoted safe yachting practices in the Austral-Asian region for many years.
This e-newsletter aims to publicize local (Asian) yachting activities to a International audience and using their interactive websites provide web surfers with handy links to a global yachting network of players, organized yachting events with up to date results and news breaking stories.
Please email the webmaster at: email@example.com to confirm your present contact details to receive future newsletters or if you wish to be removed from the mailing list. Organizations and persons wanting to publish any newsworthy articles or establish links to any interesting sites can also email their intentions to the above address.
1. The China Coast Race Week 2000 incorporating the China Coast 2000 Regatta starts on the 21st of October and finishes with the Hainan Race 2000 between the 27th and 31st of October. Kelly Gilkison has the NOR, Entry Forms and will be keeping us updated at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club website: www.rhkyc.org.hk
INTERNATIONAL REGATTA - ADMIRAL MARINA, PORT DICKSON
3. Enrolments are being sought for the next 2-day Competent Crew and 3-day Day Skipper courses to be conducted at the Royal Selangor Yacht Club in Port Klang, Malaysia on Saturday's the 16th and 30th September and on Sunday's the 17th Sept, 1st and 15th of October respectively. For further information go to http://asianyachting.com/AYmasters/classes.htm
4. In the recently received Lee Marine Newsletter No 9 from Phuket in SW Thailand the Ao Chalong Yacht Club, in association with Phatra Yacht Club, are pleased to announce that the National Match Racing Championships are to be held on Farr Platu 25's in Phuket on October 7th and 8th. Racing teams are being invited from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines and Indonesia. Please contact Paul Bosenquet by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for a Notice of Race and entry forms. The Lee Marine Newsletter is also available in graphic format by visiting www.leemarine.com/newsletter
5. The 7th Singapore Straits Regatta chairman is none other than Changi Sailing Club's Vice Commodore Jeffrey Leow of Jenny 3 fame. He reports that the Notice of Race and additional information will be hosted on the Regatta's website http://www.straitsregatta.com and asks all interested participants to register for their newsletter and direct all enquiries to the secretariat by email to email@example.com
6. With the Olympic Games just around the corner the official site of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games is where you will be able to cheer the athletes along and view all the sports news and results.
The International Sailing Federation has dedicated some of their website to providing 2000 Olympic Information, Entrant lists and during the games the up dated sailing results and news at www.sailing.org/olympics/
7. Sailors contemplating a record breaking attempt and organizations conducting round the world races and major regatta's must be marveling at what the internet now has to offer. Here is just a few interesting examples:
a. If you failed to follow the action during Steve Fossett's recent record attempt across the Atlantic on PlayStation download Virtual Spectator to take you along for the ride. The now completed graphics are a sign of the future for free.
b. The just completed 2000 One Ton Cup in Marseille, France official website offers webcasting with full graphics of the races sailed and daily video downloads with results can be seen on their broadcasting channel http://www.sailing-channel.com
c. As one of the forth coming round the world races gets underway don't miss the commentary of the start as Leg 1, Southampton to Boston, Massachusetts of the BT Challenge Round the World Race by expert sailing commentator Dick Johnson. It is expected to be streamed live on the internet from 1100 to 1700hrs on Sept 10th along with some new BT technology worth following
d. News hungry yachties wanting more information from down under should register for the Boating Oz Sailing Report if you have not already done so by filling in the form at http://www.boatingoz.com.au/formnews_new.htm Regular sailing news updates are emailed to you and made available during the week along with charters and other notable yachting events at their website http://www.boatingoz.com.au If you need more information you may wish to receive the Boating Oz Weekly Report by emailing the editor Kathy McKenzie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Anybody looking for a host for their website can contact Hasslan Ismail for web solutions At Ideas Marketing Communications who are connected to the multimedia super corridor in Malaysia. Their rates are very reasonable (in Malaysian Ringgit) and the services being offered is continuously expanding.
To add a email address to the AsianYachting - News & Views mailing list and receive future AsianYachting newsletters and racing reports return email the webmaster CaptMarty@AsianYachting.com